Did you know April is National Foot Health Awareness Month? This month-long initiative focuses on educating people on the importance of maintaining and caring for their feet. Our very own Lara Saget, has a wealth of knowledge in the field of foot health and graciously shared her five favorite tips. Check them out and let us know which tips your feet appreciate the most!
Five Foot Care Tips:
- Use your entire foot! If you have calluses, great, they are telling you what part of your foot that you are not using. By changing how we pour our weight through our feet we can change our feet! If you are dumping into your outer foot, use your inner foot. Simply put, use the whole body of your foot.
- Stretch your feet daily! My favorite stretch is coming onto all fours, tucking the toes under and slowly starting to stand up on the knees. If it’s too much, keep some weight on your hands.
- Soak your feet in Epsom Salts! Epsom salt soaks are great for soothing any tightness in the feet. Our feet work so hard, give them some love!
- Massage! Massage the bottom of your feet regularly. Self foot massage can wake up connections that may be dormant. (For more self foot massage check out Trigger Point Ball: Feet, Legs & Hips with Allegra on VOD)
- Soothe dryness! Oil your feet with the oil of your choice (I like coconut oil) and then put on socks to moisturize. Leave the two on overnight if you can and get ready for some luxuriously smooth feet!
To add more foot care into your yoga practice check out Lara’s Libary on Heatwise on Demand.